Dear friends of Melissa, This is Melissa's sister Becky updating her blog. I wanted so much to be able to bring the best news from today, but unfortunately, we did not get the report from her surgery that we were wanting. The surgery was much more extensive than they had originally planned and they have given her a diagnosis of stage 3 ovarian cancer. The surgeons were able to remove the majority of the cancer and encouraged us that our immediate focus is to get her recovered from this surgery and then we will look ahead to treatment plans. While we are most assuredly disappointed, we know that God is good. Please continue to pray for her, for Brian and their family. Right now, we are simply waiting to even see her. Pray for Brian as he shares the results from the surgery and that somehow they would be able to rest tonight. I will try to update again tomorrow. Thank you so much for your prayers and love for Melissa and her family. ...
Comments
Praying for you and thanking God for your wonderful attitude that is a testimony to many watching you.
Love and prayers
Tonya Younce
I'm gonna have to crack the whip on your Survivor watching! ;)
Your on my heart and in my prayers.
I'm devastated on your behalf with the "no clear reason" issue. With all of my medical stuff, there was no clear reason either... lots of hypothesis, but never a reason that I fell into the tiny, tiny group of people who got hit three times. It's hard to hear that... I wish I could hear it again to take the burden from you though. Know that the reason may still be hiding for now.... hugs.
(and I was also glad Hines won!)