Waiting

It's been 11 days since we learned stomach issues might not be so simple; 7 days since the word oncologist was used; 5 days since not so simple turned into serious. And the waiting has not been easy, my friends. But as He's done in the past, God has been so good to place scripture, songs, friends directly in my path to encourage me. I have been overwhelmed by the number of phone calls, emails, facebook messages, skype sessions, etc. and feel very loved and prayed for.

And I'm not gonna lie, the drama in the last 5 minutes of AI Thursday night and watching Daniel-son (a.k.a. Ralph Macchio) and Hines Ward dancing in sparkles helped divert my attention for a few moments as well.

The original plan for today was to get up, rush ourselves out the door to get Camden to school, then Rory and I drive 45 minutes to a dentist's appointment, spend several hours waiting for Rory's teeth to be cleaned, drive 45 minutes back home in time to meet Brian, drop Rory off at Gram and Gramp's house, then drive 45 minutes in a different directions to the doctor. I decided that I wanted normal, not rushed. So Rory is watching Dora while I used the treadmill (and now blog). She's going to hop into a bubble bath while I clean bathrooms (I've become a bit obsessed with coming home to a clean house tonight). We'll play the Dora Matching game, eat lunch, and then the not-so-normal part of my day will start.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


032911

Comments

Angie said…
Love the pic of Camden! We are continuing to pray for you, especially this afternoon as you meet with the doctor!
Elizabeth Frick said…
Thinking of you all day long.
Wendy said…
Melissa, Remember me? ;) I lost your blog addy months ago due to a computer crash. Isaac is home sick today, thus I am off for the day. So, I have some extra time and came looking for your blog addy via fb. I now know why? Because I need to be praying for you today and I AM!!! Sending lots of love! God Bless! Wendy
heidi said…
Thinking of you today Melissa... May you have the strength to hear whatever your news may be.
Mary said…
Praying for you, Melissa.
I'm waiting with you. Hugs friend.
Krista said…
Praying for things to go well today... hugs!
M said…
Hey Melissa. I just discovered your blog post. You've been on my mind for days now and I will continue to lift you up in prayer. Thinking of you...
Amanda said…
Praying for you!!
Grace said…
oh, melissa...i was finally able to carve out some time and read through your blog and after reading today's post from your sister, my heart is heavy for you and your family. i am praying hard for you...i have no words...just prayers for peace and understanding.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel