Happy Anniversary to Us

Not only was Monday Memorial Day, but it was also our 13th wedding anniversary. Because we were traveling, there was no celebration. Okay, honestly, at 13 years and with 2 kids on a Monday, there probably wouldn't have been much celebrating anyway. ;) But we are having date night tonight, and I can't wait to eat at a restaurant without four extra little hands and see a movie that doesn't involve animation. If I am remembering correctly, this would be the first date since New Year's Eve so we're definitely overdue. I know I should mention what a great husband Brian is, but if you know us, then you already know it's true, and I am one lucky girl.

We've made it through our first week of summer vacation, and I'd like to say it's been a blast, but it's been more of a transition than a blast. I will fully take the blame. It happens every year - having all 4 of us home together sounds so nice. But when you're a Type A personality and your schedule gets completely disrupted and it becomes increasingly clear that moms don't really get a summer vacation since our jobs include dinner and laundry and clean floors and bathrooms, this mom doesn't always handle it well. I'm sure next week will be better as we settle into a routine. Okay, I'm sure I'll be better as we settle into a routine - the kids are fine whether we have a schedule or not.


Gina Miller: June BYOC


Jenn Barrette: The World Smiles With U



Leora Sanford: Daydreams





Comments

Jodi said…
Oh yeah...I refuse to call it Summer Vacation. It's Summer "Break" around here because it's anything but a vacation for this mom! Today's our last day of school...so week 1 commences for us next week. May we both find our stride and enjoy the next 3 months!
Mayme said…
Happy Belated Anniversary!
Amanda said…
I totally agree! There is no summer vacation for moms. I miss Barry being home this time. He is at the church everyday now and I am glad that he is in that roll again, I am kinda grieving our summers together. The kids have pretty much managed to spend their time fighting which is driving me insane.
Have fun on your date and Happy Anniversary!!
Did you pick up a new CT team, Jenn B? I just added 1 which I said I was not going to do but I couldn't say no when she asked LOL.
Elizabeth Frick said…
Happy anniversary!
Happy anniversary!!! I think it's a good thing we don't have "vacation" here cause i would feel the same way as you...
Anonymous said…
Sorry we didn't know Monday. Happy belated anniversary!
Gma and Gpa E.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel