Happy Memorial Day

Let's see, our weekend in review. Friday night Camden's baseball team lost their game via the mercy rule. They started out so well, but ended up losing big. We even had tears this time. Camden was the first up to bat of the game and he had a good hit; the first base coach mistakenly told him to run to 2nd even though the 1st baseman already had possession of the ball and he just tagged Camden out. Poor Camden just sobbed. I'll admit to a few tears after I went over to the dugout and saw how upset he was. Thank goodness I had my sunglasses on so he didn't see what a slobbering mess his mother is.

Saturday morning I had an eye doctor's appointment. Apparently, it's not a good idea to wait 3 years in between appointments, not to mention wearing the same pair of disposable contacts for over a year. Who knew? So instead of getting contacts and glasses, I've got some temporary contacts while my corneas recover for 6 weeks or so. I have to see the doctor every 2 weeks for a new pair of contacts because my prescription will be changing until my eyes get back to a normal size. And here I thought we were saving money by not having regular check-ups.

Brian and the kids cleaned the cars inside and out Saturday afternoon. Well, the kids splashed around while Brian worked. He also was on pest control and killed a snake right next to our deck. I guess the kids will have to learn to play inside all summer because I may not be able to make myself go outdoors.

There is not much on the agenda for today. Brian was planning to take the kids fishing (or "peeshing" as Rory calls it), but it's looking like we're in for a rainy day. Grilling pork chops later will have to be celebration enough.


Credits: here

Manda Bean/Robin Carlton: 3-Ring Romance

Comments

listgirl said…
Rory's smile is so cute and contagious! I'm glad you didn't put a photo of the snake on your blog, or else I would have been scarred for life. If I found a snake in my yard, I would probably move.

Popular posts from this blog

Blogging, Not Blogging

Cousins, part 3 (the adult version)

7/52: Pastel