Five on Good Friday (March 30, 2018)
He Himself bore our sins on His body on the cross so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed. -I Peter 2:24
1. Today marks 7 years since my cancer diagnosis and we celebrated with ice cream for breakfast as usual!
2. We also celebrated 14 years with Camden by eating at Kobe Fusion, a sushi restaurant - Camden's choice although trying sushi was one of Rory's resolutions for 2018. Actually, her only resolution.
3. Scan results are in with a small decrease this time to bring my total to 38% with a CA125 of 24. I am doing this current cycle and then have a 4-week break, and I could not be more ready. Brian went with me this week since he was on spring break (he generally tries to go with me for scan weeks but doesn't take off work for just regular chemo weeks). It was a looonnnggg day and we didn't make it home until after 8:00 p.m. Moving forward, my schedule is going to change slightly. I will have labs and see Dr. Crispens on Tuesday afternoon (preferably after work) and then come back first thing Wednesday mornings for chemo. This should mean two shorter days instead of one long day and I hope the infusion wait time is greatly reduced by being there first thing in the morning.
4. I would call spring break uneventful, but I hope it was restful to some degree for Brian. The kids definitely had it easy and Camden slept in until 10:30 nearly every morning. Rory went to a 2-day 4-H cooking class and had a great time. Ironically, she came home from the second day of class and cut her finger twice while cutting up cucumbers for me. That girl!
5. I am in a serious book slump. I started and quit no less than 3 books this week. Does reading a cook book count in my reading total for the year?
It's a full Easter weekend with Good Friday service tonight (actually a night of worship and Camden is playing), egg hunt tomorrow (I'm probably sitting this out to make sure I don't use up all my Sunday energy), Easter services Sunday plus nursing home service (my dad is preaching and Camden is playing).