Reading . . . almost everything recently has been a win!
- Night by Elie Wiesel - how have I never heard of this book before? A definite 5 stars.
- What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman - I stayed up until midnight finishing this one.
- Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand - unbelievably depressing with unlikable characters
- Falling Free: Rescued from the Life I Always Wanted by Shannan Martin - absolute 5 stars and a book I will be recommending for a long time
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson - a fun, quick YA read
- The Expats by Chris Pavone - meh
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch - fun
- Last Ride to Graceland by Kim Wright - whimsical
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple - quirky and excellent
- Tom Skinner: The U.S. Racial Crisis and World Evangelism
- Liturgist podcast, episode 34: Black and White
- Code Switch podcast - "Ever find yourself in a conversation about race and identity where you just get . . . stuck?"
- Stuff You Missed in History Class - specifically episodes on segregation and education
Admitting . . . we are struggling to keep our heads above water. August - October are brutal for Brian in terms of work hours. He honestly just never stops because there are not enough hours in the day and days in the week. The kids feel the stress, I feel the pressure; Brian feels all of it. Things never truly slow down when you're a full-time teacher and children's pastor, but these months can suck the life out of us if we're not careful.
Thankful . . . for car pool two days a week (especially since I don't have the morning shift!).
Drinking . . . triple venti iced espresso with 3 pumps of white chocolate mocha. Let's blame Becky for this.
Eating . . . lots of fresh fruit and veggies because it's all in season!
Laughing . . . Rory described the Olympians as "burly."
Waiting for a ride to school; she's decided she wants to wear hairbows again.
Feeling like this is the last summer for cute little boutique dresses. So sad!
All the scowls all the time from this one. He's learning how to be a teenager while we're learning how to parent a teenager.