So far this week . . .
- I have traumatized Rory by taking her through the automatic car wash (imagine how dirty our car was if this was the first time she's been through one). She sobbed and sobbed, "get me outta here" and "I just wanna go home." When we finally finished, she said, "pleeeaaasse don't ever wash the car again." I tried to be compassionate, but mostly I was hiding a smile.
- Camden informed us he was going on a date with Renya (a girl from his class) at 9:00 on Saturday. Apparently, she asked him to go to Opry Mills mall with her, but he thought Chucky Cheese would be more fun and "at least one adult will go with us, of course." He also informed me on the way to school this morning that way back in K-4, there were actually 2 girls he liked. I'm sorry, when did he turn 16?
- In about 48 hours time, we've had buckets of rain, 60 degree weather, a tornado, 30 degree weather, snow, lots of wind. Yep, it's January in Tennessee.
- It's homecoming week at school and Camden had "Mix and Match Day yesterday. It's kinda hard to mix and match with khaki pants so he wore two different socks and two different shoes. He was so excited about it, but right before we left for school, he stopped me and said, "are you SURE today is Mix and Match Day?"
- I just had my first meal (a sandwich) since Saturday night. Thank heavens I'm feeling better!